The first picture is the first finished skein of yarn, tho is not showing as colorful as it is with bits of blue, light turquoise and lavender in it. Sorry about that :/. It was a little under-plied but I can make a hat for a family member and it won’t show. It ended up being 213 yds and 93 grams, a nice sport weight.
The 2nd picture is the roving for the next project. It is a beautiful hand dyed merino wool, 3.8 ounces of roving. The dyer let it felt just a little bit during her dying process so I’m having to pull it apart width wise to separate it enough to spin and even doing this, it’s a bit hard to pull out as I spin and my hands are letting me know they do not appreciate it :P. As beautiful as the colors are spinning up, I will be glad when I am done with this one. I may, to make it a bit easier to spin, choose to do this as a fractile spin because I can separate the half of the fiber, for the 2nd bobbin, into 3 long strips which should help it to spin easier. I did separate the full roving into half, length ways already and am using the 1st half for the 1st bobbin. Guess we will see what happens 🙂
We got quite a bit of rain in the last 2 days, and I’m sure the farmers are appreciating it, at least until harvest time. The temps have been pretty nice 70’s and lower 80’s but the humidity is up. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :).
Think I’m going to go get a milk shake, my favorite is chocolate-cherry :P.