I wasn’t sure at all about the colors when I blended them on my blending board, just playing around with colors from a bag of various colored bits of roving that had been given to me. The first bobbin (on the right) was 2 shades of orange (med orange and a light orange that looks yellow, but it’s not.) The 2nd bobbin was a repeating range of complimentary colors to the oranges. So I put together the colors I thought might blend together the best and there we have it, these were the rolags I made with the fiber. I am very pleased with the final skein of yarn :). My next spin will be some white roving (not sure what the sheep breed is, but it might be merino) and blend it on my blending board with an alpaca batt I have . I will either kettle dye it or play around and try to make it a gradient when I am done spinning it . It will probably be sometime next month before I start it, I have knitting I need to finish first. I’m glad I got the blending board put together, it’s offered me a lot more creativity with colors and ability to bend different fibers together. 🙂
**Forgot to say this ended up being 368 yards and 90 grams, a good fingering weight. I’m thinking fingerless mitts :).